NAME: Marco Moreira.
BACKGROUND: Starts his guitar study at the age of 14 years old with guitarist Jorge Loura in Aveiro (Portugal).
In 2000, starts his studies in Jazz and Modern Music at “Escola de Música Riff” in Aveiro (Portugal), coursing Jazz Guitar, Music Theory, Harmony and Jazz Combo.
In 2003 moves to Barcelona (Spain) to carry on his studies at “Taller de Músics Barcelona”.
On 2004 attends to Kurt Rosenwinkel‘s Master Class, and John Scofield‘s on the next year.
In 2007 begun studying with the New Standard Tuning (NST) with guitarrist Luciano Pietrafesa.
On 2008 attends to the Guitar Craft courses directed by Robert Fripp.
CAREER: Has engaged on several groups and project, from diferent styles, such as Funk, Pop, Rock, Heavy Metal, Jazz, Bossa Nova, World-Music, Chill Out, etc:
- 2014 collaborates with dance project “Resonant“
- 2013 collaborates with dance project “Territorio“
- 2012 member of “The Blooming Blare“
- 2011 collaborates with “The Guitar Circle of Europe“
- 2008 collaborates with “The League of Crafty Guitarists“
- 2008 collaborates with “Circulo de Guitarras de Barcelona”
- 2007 collaborates with project “Roots & Routes“
- 2006 member of the Bossa Nova Trio “2×3”
- 2006 member of the Chill Out-World Music band “la Mesc”
TEACHING: Guitar teacher in Barcelona since 2006, giving individual and grupal lessons, workshops, and study groups guidance...